当前位置: > 百科精选
侧耳倾听的意思是什么(双语学习 | 耳朵Ear的趣味俚语表达)
2023-07-31 11:58:01
Mars
185
来源:新方向国际教育

侧耳倾听的意思是什么?耳朵Ear的趣味俚语表达

侧耳倾听的意思

Be all ears

To be all ears is an informal idiom, meaning ready to listen, or giving their full attention.You usually use all ears when the person is very interested in what you are saying or is ready to give you their full attention.

To be all ears是一个非正式的习语,意思是准备好倾听,或者全神贯注。当对方对你所说的话很感兴趣或准备好洗耳恭听时,你通常会全神贯注。

Example Sentences

Be all ears

When someone is ready to give you their full attention:

当有人准备好全神贯注于你时:

Let me just finish tidying the table and I’ll be all ears.

让我把桌子清理干净,我会全神贯注的。

I’m really sorry but I’m very busy today. Call me tomorrow and I promise I’ll be all ears.

很抱歉,我今天很忙。明天打电话给我,我保证我会洗耳恭听的。

The baby’s crying so I can’t hear you, but let me just see if I can put it to sleep and I’ll be all ears.

婴儿在哭,所以我听不见你的声音,但让我看看我能不能哄它入睡,然后我会洗耳恭听的。

When someone is listening carefully / eagerly:

当某人仔细地/热切地倾听时:

He was all ears as she told him the plans she’d been making for their holiday.

当她告诉他,她在为他们度假做的计划时,他全神贯注地听着。

I’m all ears – tell me all about your date!!

我洗耳恭听——告诉我关于你约会的一切!!

Her friends were all ears as they gathered around her, waiting for her to spill the beans.

她的朋友们聚集在她周围,全神贯注地听着,等着她说出秘密。

I’m always all ears when it comes to listening to you!

每次听你讲话,我总是全神贯注!

Tell me about your day. I’m all ears.

告诉我关于你的一天,我洗耳恭听。

Used sarcastically, when someone isn’t actually interested in what you’re saying:

讽刺地使用,当某人实际上对你所说的不感兴趣时:

Are you listening to me? Yes, I’m all ears.

你在听我说吗?是的,我全神贯注。

You weren’t listening to me yesterday, were you? What are you talking about? I was all ears.

你昨天没听我说,是吗?你在说什么?我洗耳恭听。

To fall on deaf ears

To fall on deaf ears, meaning to be ignored / not listened to.

置若罔闻,可解释为忽略或者不听。

Example Sentences

To fall on deaf ears

I told them this would happen, but every time I warn them something bad will happen, it falls on deaf ears.

我告诉他们这会发生,但每次我警告他们会发生什么不好的事情时,他们都置若罔闻。

My advice must have fallen on deaf ears yesterday – they haven’t followed any of it!

我的建议昨天肯定被置若罔闻了——他们什么都没听!

To be music to [someone’s] ears

To be music to [someone’s] ears, it can be used to describe something the person is pleased to hear about.

中听悦耳之言,一般出现在某人很高兴听到的事情的语境当中。

Example Sentences

To be music to sb's ears

The praise for her new book was music to her ears.

听到对她的新书的赞美对她来说是个好消息。

The new yearly figures came in, and they were music to his ears.

新的年度数据出现了,它们对他来说是好消息。

To play it by ear

To play it by ear, meaning to deal with a situation as it happens / see how it goes.

见机行事,随机应变,表示随着事情的发展来处理情况。

Example Sentences

To play it by ear

I don’t know how Grandma will react to the news, so we’ll just play it by ear.

我不知道外婆会对这个消息有什么反应,所以我们只需见机行事。

We don’t have plans for the holidays so I think we’ll just play it by ear.

我们没有度假的计划,所以我想我们会随机应变。

To grin from ear to ear

To grin from ear to ear, meaning to smile a lot / look very happy.

露齿而笑,形容笑得很开心。

Example Sentences

To grin from ear to ear

He walked in grinning from ear to ear, ready to give her the good news.

他咧着嘴笑着走进来,准备给她一个好消息。

When she saw the present under the tree her eyes lit up and she grinned from ear to ear.

当她看到树下的礼物时,她的眼睛亮了起来,露齿而笑。

To keep an ear to the ground

To keep an ear to the ground, meaning to be attentive to a situation / to listen for any news.

保持高度警觉,形容注意情况/倾听任何消息。

Example Sentences

To keep an ear to the ground

I’ll keep an ear to the ground to see if I hear anything about the new case.

我会密切关注这件新案件,看是否有任何消息。

I don’t know what’s going on with grandma and grandpa so I’ll keep an ear to the ground to see if I hear anything.

我不知道外婆和外公怎么了,所以我会留心听地,看看有没有听到什么。

To lend an ear

To lend an ear, meaning to listen to someone with sympathy – similar to ‘lend a shoulder to cry on’ – lend an ear to listen.

侧耳倾听,表示带着同情心倾听某人,——类似于“借肩膀哭泣”——竖起耳朵倾听某人。

Example Sentences

To lend an ear

If you ever need someone to talk to I’m more than happy to lend an ear.

如果你需要有人谈心,我很乐意倾听。

I’m lucky my mum’s always there to lend a sympathetic ear when I need to talk to someone.

我很幸运,当我需要和某人谈心时,我妈妈总是在那儿倾听。

To be out on your ear

To be out on your ear, meaning to be thrown out – often of a workplace or home.

被赶出去,通常是指从工作场所或家里被赶出去。

Example Sentences

To be out on your ear

If you don’t start working properly you’ll be out on your ear before you know it!

如果你不开始正常工作,你会在你还没意识到之前被辞退走人的!

I should have tried harder to help out around the house. I didn’t do anything so I was out on my ear as soon as I turned 18.

我本该在家里尽力帮忙的。我什么都没做,所以我一到18岁就被扫地出门了。

To have […] coming out of your ears

To have [something] coming out of your ears, meaning to have a lot of something.

数量繁多,指拥有很多东西。

Example Sentences

To have … coming out of your ears

It’s apple picking season so we’ve been out in the fields and I’ve got apples coming out of my ears!

现在是摘苹果的季节,所以我们已经到田里去了,我们摘到了好多苹果!

I’ve been studying French all morning so I’ve got verbs coming out of my ears!

我整个上午都在学法语,所以我现在知道超多的动词!

I can’t believe my ears

I can’t believe my ears, meaning to be surprised / shocked by something you hear. Similar to ‘I can’t believe my eyes’ – being surprised by something you see.

难以置信,指对听到的事情感到惊讶/震惊。类似于“我不敢相信我的眼睛”——对看到的东西感到惊讶。

Example Sentences

I can’t believe my ears

Did you just thank me for something?! I can’t believe my ears!

你只是为了感谢我吗?!我简直不敢相信我的耳朵!

You got a job?! I can’t believe my ears!

你找到工作了吗?!我简直不敢相信我的耳朵!

To go in one ear and out the other

To go in one ear and out the other, meaning to not remember something / not listen.

一只耳朵进一只耳朵出,指不记得什么/不听什么。

Example Sentences

To go in one ear and out the other

I have to write everything down because if I tell them it’s in one ear and out the other.

我必须把每件事都写下来,因为如果我只是说着告诉他们,他们会一个耳朵进,一个耳朵出。

It’s always the same with you. In one ear and out the other.

你总是这样。一只耳朵进,另一只耳朵出。

To make a pig’s ear of it

To make a pig’s ear of it, meaning to do a very bad job of something / to ruin something completely.

搞得一团糟,指把一件事情做得很糟糕。

Example Sentences

To make a pig’s ear of it

I always make a pig’s ear of apple pie. I don’t know why I keep trying.

我总是把苹果派做的一团糟。我不知道为什么我还一直在努力尝试。

I’ll let you do it yourself, but only if you promise not to make a pig’s ear of it.

我会让你自己做,但前提是你保证不把它弄糟。

To talk [someone’s] ear(s) off

To talk [someone’s] ear(s) off, meaning to talk a lot without stopping, often about a particular subject. Used negatively.

喋喋不休,指经常不停地谈论一个特定的话题。一般带有消极/负面的情绪。

Example Sentences

To talk [someone’s] ear(s) off

Whenever I see her she talks my ears off about the job market.

每当我见到她,她总是对就业市场喋喋不休。

Why were you so long at the shops? I met Mrs. Parler and she talked my ears off for over half an hour, I couldn’t get away!

你为什么在商店这么久?我遇到帕勒太太,她对我唠叨了半个多小时,我都逃不掉了!

资料来源:沪江英语

本文关键词: 侧耳倾听的意思

相关推荐